Monday 22 September 2014

Annyeonghaseyo South Korea!

Reminiscing the good old times of my getaway to South Korea...


It has been a great experience for myself travelling alone to visit my brother's family who resides there since last December as well as to enjoy another place in my wish lists.
I departed from Kuala Lumpur with the low cost airline, Air Asia, which truly makes everyone's dream of flying came true. It was a long journey which took around 6 hours to reach Gimpo International Airport in Busan, a well-known city in the south coast of the South Korea.

I truly enjoyed every moment ever since my brother picked me up from the airport till the time he sent me back. If I were to write about the whole things, I am sure it is going to be 3 pages long so to make it short I will only touch on things that were memorable and I guess pictures will explain more than I do.

WINDY HILL
The journey from Okpo to Sinseondae where the windmill was located took us around 1 hour but since I was so impressed with the eye catching view of the beautiful beaches and the hills throughout the journey, the time flies….
The mesmerizing view did not end just along the way, but the best was when I stepped on the stairs to hike up to the Windy Hill. The weather was getting cooler up there and I started to wrap myself tight with my thick jacket.





JAGALCHI MARKET
This was the place that we went into without purpose. Like what are you going to buy in the fresh market cos you know eating out was always a pleasure!
One best thing about Korea was the internet connection can be reached everywhere and I even got the wifi connected here in Jagalchi Market!
I have the chance of trying the eel which was one of the famous dishes there. I was reluctant at first, but since the temptation could be seen from the next table, there was nothing to resist!





KING CRAB
If you ever have the chance of visiting Busan, specifically Geoje Island, make sure that you keep yourself prepared with sufficient Korean Won for this! The taste was totally different from the common crab and I was deeply immersed with the great taste despite of the expensive price. Well, nothing expensive will disappoint you anyways. The best time to come here for this is during the winter season as the supply of the crab will be easier to get and thus the price will be slightly cheaper.



GAMCHEON CULTURAL VILLAGE
I knew about this village through a very famous K-show in Malaysia, Running Man. I was amazed with their powerful stamina of running through all the narrow street while hiking up the stairs. It was a clean place, surrounded with well-mannered Korean people, plenty of good food – Korea is a well worth country for a visit!




SEAFOOD
Among all, I think food has dominated the stories as I love to share about good food. This is another seafood restaurant that I have been when I was on my way back to the airport. The fresh seafood served makes me drooling whenever I have thought on it. It was the Korean culture to serve lots of side dishes that make you eat till you drop!






The journey has been real good. Thank you my brother for having me, thank you Air Asia for the affordable ticket price and of course South Korea for giving me the best experience of travelling to a great country! Till then, I hope to be there again with my loved one soon.


(IZIR, AMIR, SYAHRUL)
























No comments:

Post a Comment